Seven Can Wait, But Great Jobs and Careers
(in Pittsburgh) Don't Have To!
On football's biggest day, the Steelers played hard to try to win their seventh Super Bowl for fans everywhere. Our team played a great game, but someone had to win and someone had to lose. The Green Bay Packers may have won Super Bowl XLV, and we congratulate them on that victory. But "Pittsburgh Nation" remains the champion when it comes to a winning place to live, work and play. If it's a winning career you're looking for, we've got 20,000+ exciting and well-paying jobs available right now in America's Most Livable City and in the Pittsburgh region.
Here's a sampling of companies, jobs and resources that are purely Pittsburgh. There are lots more! Start exploring.
Great Resources for Job-seekers
- MonsterCollege has many of the job-seeking resources of its parent website, but with tips and resources tailored for college students and recent grads.
- The Online Writing Lab (OWL) from Purdue University provides instructional material for writing and formatting cover letters, resumes and more.
- CollegeBoard - With the SAT now a distant memory, you can revisit the College Board website for information about college majors and careers.
- QuintCareers.com has resources for current students and recent grads, including tips on building your portfolio, navigating job fairs, questions to ask your college career counselor, and more.
- LinkedIn - Keep your networking bases covered by maintaining an up-to-date online persona here.
- The Regional Internship Center not only serves as the hub for college internships in southwestern PA, but also welcomes student participation in their website's blog.
- Student Guide to Pittsburgh is a great resource to revisit, and it includes an extensive monthly calendar of what's going on in Pittsburgh.
Companies that are hiring RIGHT NOW that you might not know about!
Hot Jobs in Business and Finance
Hot Jobs in Energy
Hot Jobs in Advanced Manufacturing
Hot Jobs in Healthcare and Life Sciences
Hot Tech Jobs
Young Professionals in Science and Energy
- Travelius Harris, Field Service Engineer, Westinghouse
- Kayla Taylor, Operations Analyst for ClearChoice Energy
- Ian Biever, Marketing Program Manager, BPL Global
- Uwe Winzen, Director of Investment Programs, Pittsburgh Life Sciences Greenhouse
- Meredith Benedict, Investment Analyst, Innovation Works
- Paul Bieniek, Product Development Engineer, ALung Technologies, Inc.
- Nicki Wood, Chemist, Emerson Process Management
View Additional News/Archives